The club was originally formed in 2005 by Doug Sims
and Michele Harding
Our Mission was, and continues today, 'To have a club that is open to all skill levels. Where members can grow and be motivated to improve their skills through workshops, networking, and competitions'
A little history-
We started out meeting once a month in North Salt Lake. One month we would have a competition meeting and the next month we would have a workshop. We would also have a summer picnic and Christmas Party.
A short while later, we moved our meeting location to the Layton City Library. We continued to meet there until the fall of 2008. At this time, we have decided to put more efforts into on-line activities and scheduling to help facilitate communication amongst club members. We also wanted to help each club member to have a web presence. A place where they can upload images to share with family and friends. We discovered the Ning social network which is the platform we are currently on. Although it has some banner ads, it does have a lot of features and allows us to keep our out of pocket costs low. We strive to find every way possible to keep this a FREE club to allow all who wish the opportunity to participate.
Our current goals are-
- To continue with online competitions to help motivate you to go out and shoot.
- To have an event of some kind around every two months. This may be a field trip, workshop, or other type of event.
- To have a club picnic or social event during the summer. This may qualify as one of the bi-monthly events listed above.
- To have a Christmas Party or social event during the Holidays.
- To encourage members to network on this site and in the community. It is amazing how much we can all learn from one another. Please, list events you see or learn of on the Calendar and, if you are looking for someone to go shoot with, post in the forums or start a blog. I'm sure there are a lot of photographers on this site with similar photographic styles that would jump at the chance.